Forum Discussion

jamesramsden
Icon for Contributor III rankContributor III
4 hours ago

Restrict users view of Public Dashboards

Is there a way to prevent users seeing all public dashboards, so that the user can only see the dashboards related to their organisation. 

The only way I can think at the moment is to make all dashboards private or org assigned. 

• Hello James,

For those dashboards, you would need to edit them and change the permissions to Specific Organization from PublicPublic assumes the dashboard is to be shared with all users across all organizations.

Regards,

Antonio Andres

Senior Technical Support Engineer | ScienceLogic

jamesramsden
      Icon for Contributor III rankContributor III

Hi Tony, 

Thanks for the document, I followed is through, but it doesn't seem to address the issue where dashboards have come from PPKs that have been set to 'Public' access, so the user can see the all regardless if they have devices in that org for that dashboard. Is there an option that users can ONLY see their org dashboards, so that any public ones are not visible. 

I have created the organisation specific Dashboard which works fine. 

• Hello James,

For those dashboards, you would need to edit them and change the permissions to Specific Organization from PublicPublic assumes the dashboard is to be shared with all users across all organizations.

Regards,

Antonio Andres

Senior Technical Support Engineer | ScienceLogic